1. Parton & Distington, Cumbria - Between Whitehaven and Workington and within reach of Carlisle and the Lake District National Park, Parton and Distington offer the best rural yields anywhere in England - 8.52 per cent annual return.
2. Flimby, Ellenborough & Broughton Moor, Cumbria - Staying in Cumbria but tcloser to the seaside town of Maryport this very rural area overlooking the Solway Firth should provide rural investors with 7.87 per cent letting yield.
3. Loftus & Skinningrove, Cleveland - A short distance from the seaside towns of Whitby, Saltburn and the North Yorkshire Moors National Park, Loftus and Skinningrove offers a buy to let return of around 7.67 per cent.
4. Shildon, County Durham - Located in semi-rural County Durham yet easily accessible by the A1(M) for travel across the north east, Shildon can offer property investors 7.2 per cent annual income.
5. Torpoint, Cornwall - Just across the Tamar from Plymouth, Torpoint offers 6.88 per cent return. The Rame Head Heritage Coast and some of Cornwall’s best-but-least-known seaside villages are 15 minutes away.
6. Newbiggin by the Sea, Northumberland - Just 23 minutes drive from Newcastle upon Tyne, the port of Newbiggin offers investors a yield of 6.33 per cent.
7. Askam & Dalton North, Cumbria - North of Barrow in Furness but within just a few miles of the Lake District National Park and the Cumbria coast, 6.32 per cent is available to investors in Askam & Dalton.
8. Longtown & Border, Cumbria - A short drive from Carlisle, the M6 motorway and the Scottish Borde,r the wide open spaces around Longtown reward investors with an average 5.66 per cent return.
9. Grimethorpe & Brierley, South Yorkshire - This former coalfield area is surprisingly rural with miles of open countryside, yet has great access to the M1, A1 and A1(M) for those travelling around South Yorkshire. Expect 5.66 per cent yield.
10. Hoo Peninsula, Medway, Kent - London can be reached in around an hour by train to St. Pancras. Investors should be looking at 5.52 per cent here.
Want to comment on this story? If so...if any post is considered to victimise, harass, degrade or intimidate an individual or group of individuals on any basis, then the post may be deleted and the individual immediately banned from posting in future.